Would you like to attend this course ?
ONLINE introductory and refresher course in flow cytometry
Interactive meetings in small groups (around 10 participants) with theoretical parts followed by practical exercises and analyses of patient files. Topics: basic principles of flow cytometry, simple multicolor staining, compensations, gating strategies, data analysis, most common applications of flow cytometry in hematology and immunology.
click for course details
Duration : 6 sessions of 1.5 hours, twice a week
Language : English
Target Audience : Anyone working in the biomedical field with no prior knowledge of flow cytometry, users lacking the fundamentals of flow cytometry.
Prerequisites : Basic knowledge in biology or medicine.
Courses objectives :
1. Introduction to flow cytometry – what is behind the dot plot.
2. Working principles of a flow cytometer: fluidics, optics, electronics.
3. Fluorochromes – how to choose the best one for your application.
4. Immunodetection – antibodies, staining, immunophenotyping.
5. Gating strategies – how to analyze flow cytometry data.
6. Instrument setup and compensation.
The students will learn:
• the basic principles of flow cytometry
• how to perform a simple multicolor staining experiments with adequate compensations.
• how to elaborate and apply various gating strategies for data analysis.
• the most common applications of flow cytometry in hematology and immunology.
Costs : Developing Countries: 300 CHF
Students (Master, MD, PhD): 300 CHF
Physicians, Researchers: 400 CHF
Industry, Pharma: 500 CHF
Session I: 23th November – 9th December 2020, Mondays and Wednesdays. Exact dates of each session: 23.11, 25.11, 30.11, 02.12, 07.12, 09.12.
Session II: 18th January – 4th February 2021, Mondays and Thursdays. Exact dates of each session:
18.01 and 21.01 at 1PM-2.30PM (CET)
25.01, 28.01, 01.02 and 04.02 at 8.30AM-10AM (CET)