Would you like to attend this course ?
Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in 2020/21
Unique in Switzerland, this CAS allows the participants to acquire the necessary expertise in flow cytometry for the use of this technique in all diagnostic applications in hematology, immunology and oncology, as well as for research purposes in cellular biology, pharmacology, and microbiology. The course is composed of three modules with theoretical and practical lessons, followed by a written treatise and a written exam. Participants will obtain a “Certificate of Advanced Studies in Flow Cytometry”, issued by the University of Geneva.
click for course details
Duration : 1 year
Language : English
Target Audience : Physicians (hematologists, immunologists), biologists, biochimists, pharmacists, toxicologists, veterinarians, engineers in the medical sciences, laboratory technicians with a professional experience in flow cytometry.
Prerequisites : - a Master's or a Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, Medicine, or a degree deemed equivalent issued by a University, and recognized by the University of Geneva; - a Bachelor or a Master's degree from a University of Applied Sciences (HES). 2 years professional experience related to the Certificate program will be required. An interview can complete the admission procedure; - a higher education degree in Biomedical Analysis or equivalent training (ie.: laboratory technician). 2 years professional experience related to the Certificate program will be required. An interview can complete the admission procedure.
Courses objectives : - Give participants the theoretical and practical information needed to perform flow cytometric analyses independently
- Enable participants to develop experimental and diagnostic approaches, to develop data analysis strategies, and to use appropriate analytical softwares
- Illustrate to participants the most common applications of flow cytometry with a special focus on applications in hematology and immunology
- Inform participants of the latest developments in the field of flow cytometry, of the technical progress and of multi-dimensional data analysis
The course consists of 3 modules:
1. Introductory and refresher course in flow cytometry
2. Winterschool of cell analysis in immunology
3. Advanced flow cytometry for hematologists and immunologists
Costs : 6000.- CHF