Would you like to attend this course ?
ONLINE Leukemia and MRD course
Interactive meetings in small groups (around 10 participants) with theoretical parts followed by practical exercises and analyses of patient files. Topics: normal hematopoiesis and its analysis by flow cytometry, differential diagnosis of acute leukemias using flow cytometry, data analysis, principles, statistics and practical applications of MRD detection; analysis of MRD in acute leukemias, detailed case studies.
click for course details
Duration : 6 sessions of 1.5 hours, twice a week, 1PM-2.30PM (CET)
Language : English
Target Audience : Researchers with an interest in acute leukemias, hematologists, immunologists.
Prerequisites : Knowledge of basic principles of flow cytometry, background in hematology and/or cell biology.
Courses objectives : Sessions – the application of the flow cytometry to study:
1. Normal hematopoiesis, stem cell compartment.
2. B- and T-ALL (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia).
3. AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia).
4. MDS (Myelodysplastic Syndrome).
5. MRD (Minimal Residual Disease) – theory.
6. MRD in ALL and AML.
The participants will learn the basics of following topics:
• how to use cytometry for the detailed analysis of normal hematopoiesis in peripheral blood and bone marrow samples.
• how to diagnose acute leukemia (AML and ALL) as well as MDS using cytometry.
• how to perform MRD detection in acute leukemia.
Costs : Public Sector: 600 CHF
Industry, Pharma: 800 CHF
Developing Countries: 300 CHF
September 6-16, 2021
Exact dates of each session: 6.09, 7.09, 8.09, 13.09, 14.09, 16.09.
Time: 1PM-2.30PM (CET)